Ransburg Scout Reservation has been providing a summer home to Scouts for over 45 years, and we have learned a few things that might help you with your stay in camp…
- Uniforms are encouraged for chapel service, campfires, evening flag ceremonies and evening meals.
- Merit badges are not the only things going on at Ransburg. We encourage troops to try new adventures and activities.
- Be prepared for camp. Check equipment needs before coming.
- Take time to enjoy the beauty of the Hoosier National Forest, Lake Monroe, and Ransburg Scout Reservation.
- Show troop spirit! The troop that comes to camp with ideas and spirit challenges the rest of camp to come alive.
- If you have a special `need or want to do something spectacular, tell us about it and we will give it our best shot.
- It is unfortunate when someone loses something of value. Please have a plan for storing valuables.
Consider packing the following:
- Complete Boy Scout uniform (Worn at dinner)
- Jacket, sweater or sweatshirt
- Swimming trunks
- Comfortable hiking boots, athletic shoes
- Boating merit badges require a pair of shoes that can get wet
- Horsemanship Merit Badge and trail rides require shoes with a heel.
- Long pants are also required to ride horses at the Ranch.
- Poncho or raincoat
- Toiletry kit (toothbrush, towel, soap, comb, etc.)
- Notebook, pencil, pen and Scout Handbook
- Sun block
- Flashlight with extra batteries
- Watch, first aid kit, camera, sewing kit, religious materials.
- Folding pocketknife (locking blades are encouraged)
- Medical Form and prescription medication in its original container.
- $50 or more for spending money and merit badge projects.
It is recommended that portable radios, electronic games and other valuables be left at home. Theft is extremely rare, but it can happen even at a Boy Scout camp.